1936: ‘The Story of Louis Pasteur’ is Released
Produced by Henry Blanke and directed by William Dieterie, the movie, The Story of Louis Pasteur about the life and times of the scientist who invented pasteurized milk (as well as other advances in microbiology) was released in theaters on this day in 1936. The Warner Bros. film starred Paul Muni, Josephine Hutchinson, Anita Louise and Donald Woods. The film was nominated for four Academy Awards including Best Picture. It won for Best Screenplay, Best Story and Paul Muni won for Best Actor.
- 1847: Thomas Edison (inventor)
- 1919: Eva Gabor (actress)
- 1926: Leslie Nielsen (actor)
- 1934: Tina Louise (actress)
- 1936: Burt Reynolds (actor)
- 1962: Sheryl Crow (singer)
- 1969: Jennifer Aniston (actress)
- 1984: Aubry O’Day (singer)
I write about arts and entertainment in the greater Seattle area.