1899: Coca-Cola is Bottled for the First Time
Though the earliest versions of Coca-Cola were first created in 1886, then considered a medicinal tonic, it wasn’t until this day in 1891 that the beverage was bottled. The first bottles, (far left) look nothing like the bottles we see today. Coke was originally bottled in Vicksburg, Mississippi at the Biedenharn Candy Company. In 1899, the first official Coca-Cola Bottling Company was opened in Chattanooga, Tennessee. And in 1915, the shape of the bottle changed to the “hobble skirt” design that we all know and love.
- 1933: Barbara Feldon (actress)
- 1936: Virginia Hamilton (author)
- 1946: Liza Minnelli (actress)
- 1946: Frank Welker (voice actor)
- 1960: Courtney B. Vance (actor)
- 1968: Aaron Eckhart (actor)
I write about pop culture, arts and entertainment in the greater Seattle area.