Dick Van Dyke is 95
Screen legend Dick Van Dyke was born in West Plains, Missouri on this day in 1925. Van Dyke is best known for his roles in the musicals Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bye Bye Birdie and for his starring roles in the TV series Diagnosis Murder (which also starred his son, Barry Van Dyke) and two of his own sitcoms, The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-1966) and The New Dick Van Dyke Show (1971-1974). In recent years, Van Dyke has appeared on TV’s The Middle and the Disney sequel, Mary Poppins Returns.
- 1929: Christopher Plummer (actor)
- 1941: John Davidson (actor)
- 1948: Ted Nugent (singer)
- 1950: Wendie Malick (actress)
- 1957: Steve Buscemi (actor)
- 1967: Jamie Foxx (actor)
- 1989: Taylor Swift (singer)
I write about pop culture, arts and entertainment in the greater Seattle area.