1984: Michael Jackson Gets Burned During Pepsi Commercial
It happened on this day in 1984 that singer Michael Jackson, was rushed to the hospital due to an accident on the set of television commercial for Pepsi-Cola for which he had signed a $5 million endorsement deal. Jackson suffered from burns to his face and scalp. It is believed that it was during this time that Jackson first began alterations to his nose which would continue to change many years later.
- 1756: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozar (musician)
- 1832: Lewis Carroll (author)
- 1921: Donna Reed (actress)
- 1948: Mikhail Baryshnikov (dancer)
- 1957: Frank Miller (illustrator)
- 1964: Bridget Fonda (actress)
- 1965: Alan Cumming (actor)
- 1969: Patton Oswalt (comedian)
- 1979: Rosamund Pike (actress)
- 1880: Thomas Edison received a patent for his incandescent lamp.
I write about pop culture, arts and entertainment in the greater Seattle area.